Monday, 20 June 2016

Weekly Round-Up #3 | June 2016

Monday 13th June
I had a really productive day tidying out my wardrobe. I cleared out all my winter clothes that I hopefully won't need until at least October. But you just never know with Irish weather - I might need them next week! I also gave a few things to charity and passed two or three things down to my sisters. I now have a lot of space that I can fill with new summer clothes, which I'm in dire need of by the way! I realised today that I don't even own a pair of shorts!


Tuesday 14th June
Today I met up with my friend Hannah for a coffee and a chat, although it was raining which actually really put me in the mood for a hot chocolate but I was still up for a chat! I haven't seen her in months so it was great to finally catch up, and boy did we have a lot to catch up on!


Wednesday 15th June
I had another chill day today as I'm still exhausted from my exams! I think 2 or 3 months of surviving on 6 hours sleep a day is finally catching up with me. These days I've literally been getting up at 11am and falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow at 11pm! Or maybe I'm becoming a sloth...

It was a nice day though, and I didn't want to spend it inside watching TV so I went for a walk. It was really peaceful and relaxing just walking without having to think about schoolwork, study schedules or exams. I then went and collected my sister Anna from school and we went and got ice cream.


Thursday 16th June
I had such a lovely day today! I met up with one of my best friends Orlaith, who I hadn't seen in nearly two weeks, and we went out for lunch. It was so great to catch up and have a good old chinwag. After our lunch we went to the cinema to see 'The Boss' with Melissa McCarthy, who is one of my favourite comedy actresses. It was a really good movie with a lot of hilarious moments and I would highly recommend it if you love Melissa McCarthy's other films!

(Side note: while I was adding the photos in to this post I just realised that I didn't take any photos whatsoever that day. Oops, sorry!!)

Friday 17th June
I don't think I fully understood the meaning of the phrase "shop 'til you drop" until today because that's what I did! My mum and I shopped from 9am until 2:30pm when we had to leave to collect my siblings from school. So you know all that space in my wardrobe I said I would fill with summer clothes? Yeahh, I filled that and more... But now I'm pretty much all kitted out for my holiday in 2 weeks time. I'm so excited!


Saturday 18th June
Today was a pretty busy day! In the morning, my dad and I went into town as I had some boring bank things I had to do now that I'm an adult and all that. But something really exciting happened when I was there. I watch a vlogger on YouTube called Lindy, otherwise known as 'Bubz', and I have watched both her beauty videos and daily vlogs for over 2 years now. She recently moved back from Hong Kong to the UK, which was where her and her husband, Tim, grew up. I knew she lives in my town because I recognise places in her daily vlogs and Instagram pictures but I never thought I'd ever see her. When I walked into the bank today, I joined the queue and then looked up at who was being served. It was Tim!!! I recognised him straight away but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to cause a big scene, especially as although there were a lot of people it was a quiet atmosphere. He walked out when he was finished and then a few minutes later he walked past the bank again but this time with Lindy!!! It was really weird seeing 2 people who I've watched on a screen in real life and I so wish I hadn't been standing in a long, slow-moving queue at the bank because I would loved to have been able to talk to Lindy and thank her for her videos. She's such an inspirational person and she has given some great advice in videos that has really genuinely helped me. I would highly recommend that you go check out her beauty channel and her daily vlogging channel. I just know you'd love her!

When we got home (and after I'd told everyone who'd listen that I saw Lindy and Tim haha), we had lunch and then my mum, my sister and I went to a golf shop to get the final part of my dad's Father's Day present. My dad is really hard to buy for because when he sees something he likes or needs, he just buys it himself so we got him a House Of Fraser gift card which he can use to buy some nice cologne or a new tie or something, and some golf balls because he told us he needed more.

In the evening, my family and I went to a family-friend's house for a 50th birthday party. It was a really good night! They had brought in outside caterers and the food was amazing! They even booked an ice cream van to come to the house for dessert, which I thought was such a good idea! Thankfully it stayed dry so we could eat and mill around outside. When it started getting dark and after everyone had a few drinks in them, the dancing started inside. I have to say watching a lot of 50+ year-olds dancing wasn't exactly a pretty sight, but everyone was having a great time which was the main thing! I'd say a few of them will be regretting things tomorrow morning though!


Sunday 19th June
Today had a bit of a late start as we hadn't got home from the party until 1:45am but we all needed that lie in! We made my dad pancakes for breakfast and he was really happy with his present. Unfortunately it rained pretty much the whole day but my dad was happy to watch the gaelic and football on TV, so we had a nice chilled day. Later on, my granny and granda came round for an hour and then we had a roast dinner at my dad's request, of course!

I'm so grateful for my dad and he genuinely does so much for my siblings and I. I couldn't ask for a more loving, inspiring and selfless father, and mother for that matter! They both work so hard and invest so much of time and energy in my sisters, brother and I. They help us with schoolwork, support our extra-curricular activities and pay for things like our violin lessons, and they are always always always there when we need them. They are two of the smartest, kindest and bravest people I know and I aspire to be just like them.

Happy Father's Day, Dad! Thank you for everything! :)


I hope you all had a good week!

To see last week's round-up, click here

- Caoimhe x

 ♡ Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik