Tuesday, 21 June 2016

June's Tunes #3

Better Place - Rachel Platten 

I first heard of Rachel Platten when I heard 'Fight Song' on the radio last year. A few months later I heard 'Stand By You' and the other day they came on when I was listening to my Spotify playlist and I was thought, "hold on, if I love both of these songs, why don't I listen to her other songs?" So that's what I did and I loved what I heard! I love this song especially because it's so gentle with the piano and strings in the background. It's also just such a happy and heart-warming love song. Also, the music video is just so lovely!



We Don't Talk Anymore - Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez

I love Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez as separate artists and together they are just amazing! Their voices go so well together and I think this is such a great song. It's hard to explain but it has quite a smooth, chilled vibe to it and I just really like the tune.



Can't Blame A Girl For Trying - Sabrina Carpenter

I followed Sabrina Carpenter on Instagram but I didn't know anything about her other than she was actress. When I looked her up I saw she was a singer too so naturally I listened to some of her stuff and I really like this song! partly because I can so relate to the whole "'cos I'm young and I'm dumb, I do stupid things when it comes to love," and partly due to the upbeat ukelele vibe. Literally as soon as I listened to the first few seconds, I was like "yes, I love it!" Anything with a ukelele just makes me so happy.



Treat You Better - Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes is just on a roll at the minute with tune after tune! He has a really distinct voice and a different sound. I love how this song goes from a soft and slowish verse and then - boom - a really upbeat and loud chorus. Also, the lyrics are so sweet! "Any girl like you deserves a gentleman"

(Side note: I couldn't find the official audio on YouTube so I'll leave you with his live performance of the song at the MMVAs. It's amazing, like it sounds literally the same as the recording!)



I Think I'm In Love - Kat Dahlia

Kat Dahlia has such an interesting voice. It's quite husky but really strong, which is quite different! This song is great because the verses have a really good beat to dance to but the chorus is so good for belting out. Such a great combo!



To see last week's songs, click here

What songs have you been loving recently? :)

- Caoimhe x

♡ Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik