Tuesday, 14 June 2016

June's Tunes #2

This One's For You - David Guetta ft. Zara Larsson

This is the official song for the Euro 2016 and I absolutely love it! I love how it has a really inclusive message, showing that we're stronger when we stand together. Also, can we just talk about how incredible Zara Larsson's voice is?! She's just absolutely smashing it at the minute with hit after hit, and I can't believe she's only my age! She's achieved so much!



Kill Em With Kindness - Selena Gomez

I really like this song because it has a really good message and one that I feel is very important in today's society. Killing with kindness is an idea which I strongly agree with. I'm not one for violence at all and I don't really like confrontation (which I know isn't always great) but I frequently go down the path of 'killing with kindness'. Selena's voice sounds really different in this song but she sounds really mature, and I really like the whistle parts in the song because it's quite different!



Oh What A Circus from 'Evita'

'Evita' is one of my favourite musicals and I love the film of it! It is based on the life of Eva Perón, the First Lady of Argentina from 1948 until her death in 1952. I was so interested in the real story behind the musical that I chose to talk about Eva Perón in my discussion in my A Level Spanish oral exam. In my research I found out that she was quite a controversial figure. She did some amazing things, like passionately campaigning for women's suffrage in Argentina which was granted in 1947, and setting up the Eva Perón Foundation which she used to help the poor and establish schools, hospitals and orphanages. However, some people, particularly those of the upper class, didn't approve of the fact that she was a former actress and they didn't really take her seriously. As well as this, she cut the government funding of some elitist groups so she had a lot enemies of the upper class.

I really like this particular song from 'Evita'. It's pretty much the opening number and is set just after Eva's death and pretty much sums up what I said above, setting the scene for the rest of the musical. Also, at the end we get a verse from an alternative (albeit slightly creepier) version of 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina', which is such an amazing song!



Just Like Fire - P!nk

This song brings me back to 2008 when 'So What' was out. That song was my jam when I was 10! I love how 8 years on Pink is still so feisty and hasn't lost any of her fire! The music video for this song makes me quite dizzy at the start and the ending is quite disturbing as she ends up in a mental institute. But apparently in 'Alice Through The Looking Glass', which this song is from, Alice is in a mental institute at one point, and I think Pink is also showing how society sometimes dismisses people who dream or who are a bit different, which is sad.



Hair - Little Mix

I love this song so much! It's so full of sass, not to mention soo catchy! I also love the music video - it really makes me want to be a member of Little Mix! It looks like so much fun and Jade's facial expressions are just the funniest thing!



To see last week's songs, click here

What songs have you been loving recently? :)

- Caoimhe x

♡ Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik