Monday, 27 June 2016

Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer | Review

I bought the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer last year and it was my holy grail beauty product last summer, but as summer became autumn I wanted something with a bit more coverage and went back to wearing foundation on a daily basis. However, as it is summer again I’ve been increasingly finding myself reaching for this tinted moisturizer and I realised the other day that although I had written a bit about it in my Summer Favourites last year, I haven’t written a detailed review of it so here goes.



The first thing I love about this tinted moisturizer is the coverage. It’s light but buildable, which is perfect for the summer as I find I want to wear as little makeup as possible but still have a bit of coverage as my skin is prone to blemishes and redness. I like that with this tinted moisturizer you can apply it all over your face for a light coverage but apply a bit more over any spots or blemishes to build up coverage, reducing the need for heavy concealer.

Another reason why I love this tinted moisturizer is that it is great for dry skin and I truly mean that. My skin can be drier than the Sahara and when it is in this state, foundation just does not work. No sirree! As this is a type of moisturizer it hydrates the skin and gives it a lovely glowy look which can normally be quite hard to achieve when you have dry skin.

A few other things I love about it is that it’s really easy to blend, it acts as a great base for more makeup such as bronzer and it stays in place all day. Not to mention the fact that it contains SPF 15, which is perfect for summer!



For me, the only down side of this tinted moisturizer is the limited shade range available. I’m normally very pale so I use the shade 1, which is actually a smidge too dark for me. Thankfully being out on the golf course everyday during the summer does give my face and neck a bit of colour so it matches fine a few weeks into July. However, this was one of the reasons why I didn’t use it in autumn and winter when I was extremely pale. It would not have been a good look! In total, there are six shades, which is really unfortunate because it means a lot of people may have to miss out on a great product!

Overall I really like this tinted moisturizer. I think the light coverage and SPF 15 make it a great summer makeup product. I also love how dewy and fresh it makes my skin look and feel. I’m definitely adding it back into my makeup routine for the summer!

Do you have a holy grail summer product? :)

- Caoimhe x

♡ Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik