Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Top 5 Tunesday #8

Happy March everyone!

Here are my top five most listened-to songs of February...



1. Hold Back the River - James Bay

On the show that was on after the Brits had been aired (where different people were being interviewed etc) they showed a pre-recorded clip of James playing the guitar and singing this song and holy crap. The talent of this guy! He sounded exactly the same as he does on the track so it shows the raw talent he has. And don't even get me started on his passion. It was an amazing performance.

This song has done so well over the past month and a bit and I can certainly understand why! I love James' whole acoustic vibe and I just love this song so much! 



2. Only Love Can Hurt Like This - Paloma Faith

I am loving this girl at the moment. I think her voice is absolutely incredible and her performance at the Brits totally proved this. She gave such a heartfelt performance of this song, which shows off her amazing vocal range. I'm so glad she won a Brit award because she's worked so hard the past number of years and she deserves it so much.

This song is one of those songs that I always want to belt out at the top of my lungs when I hear it. I don't do half as good a job as Paloma though...



3. FourFive Seconds - Kanye West, Rihanna and Paul McCartney

First of all can just say how amazing Rihanna's voice sounds on this track?! Like, wow. The song suits her voice so well.

I love how stripped back this song is, incorporating modern typical Kanye-style music with a more acoustic feel. I think it's an amazing outcome. I love the melody and I love how well Kanye and Rihanna's voices go together when they harmonise.



4. Honest - Kodaline

Kodaline is an Irish band which, in my opinion, is far too underrated. Their music has so much passion and I just love their whole sound, which is quite similar to that of Imagine Dragons, another band I love. This is my favourite Kodaline song at the minute off their new album,'Coming Up for Air' - I was listening to it so much throughout February that my sister ended up adding it to her Spotify playlist of favourite songs too!



5. Sledgehammer - Fifth Harmony

I love this catchy song and find that while it's quite upbeat it's also a good one for belting out when you're home alone, especially the part when it slows down quite a bit. This song shows off the girls' amazing vocals and how perfectly they can harmonise - their voices just fit so well together. 

I quite like Fifth Harmony's album 'Reflection' and I love the whole feminist, self-empowerment vibe that is evident in a number of their songs.




To see last month's top 5, click here

Have you been loving any of these songs recently? :)

- Caoimhe x

♡ Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram ♡

2 comments:

  1. Hold Back the River and FourFive seconds are insane! xx

    lordlaura.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes! Aren't they just?! :D x

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik