Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Top 5 Tunesday #7

Before I get into the actual content of this post, I want to apologise for my lack of blogging activity as of late. School has gotten so hectic this term as there are only about 10 teaching weeks before my AS exams begin (scary!). As a result, I've been laden with homework and essays and exams and I've just been so busy! However, I'm trying to get more organised with my blog so I can get back to posting twice a week again. Thank you for being patient with everything :)

Now without further ado, here are my top 5 most listened-to songs of January...



1. Up - Olly Murs and Demi Lovato

I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is that I love so much about this song. I mean, other than the fact that it is sung by two of my favourite artists, whom I think are a perfect duo! Their voices complement each other so well and Demi's voice in the chorus is just amazing!

Every time I hear this song it gets me so excited to see Olly in concert in April! :D



2. You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile - Sia

I'm not going to lie. I wasn't fussed on this the first time I heard it. I was being a bit stubborn saying "the version from the original Annie is better" but the more I heard it on the radio the more I began to like and before I knew it was on my 'faves atm' Spotify playlist.

What I previously hadn't liked about it is now what I love about it - I love that Sia has modernised it to fit today's society, whilst still staying true to the original message of the song. Sia is fast becoming one of my favourite artists. I think her voice is incredible and she is such a distinct artist.



3. Lips Are Movin' - Meghan Trainor

Meghan is on a roll! First 'All About That Bass' and now this! I love how Meghan is showing she is not just a one trick pony. She can do more than just sing - she can rap, too. And boy can she rap! This song is so catchy and I love how upbeat and bright it is. I also love the style Meghan does her music videos in - they're quite distinct and I love watching them.



4. Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars

This song was everywhere in January and I know it will go on to be just as successful throughout February. I can definitely see why it has been so successful! It's such an upbeat, feel-good song. I can't help dancing whenever I listen to it (not as well as Bruno Mars I have to say...)



5. Always Be Together - Little Mix

This one a bit more personal for me. In my post 'My Trip To Madrid' I mentioned how I'd taken part in an exchange in 2013. I spent a week in Madrid in June and the Spaniards spent a week here in Northern Ireland in October. It's really hard to explain how close the 12 of us Irish ones got to the 12 Spaniards and when they left in October, everyone was so depressed. We knew that there was a huge chance we wouldn't see each other again. When the Spaniards were on the bus on the way to the airport to leave Ireland, one of them said that this song was perfect for the situation. For about a week after that I listened to this song on repeat and cried. No joke! I was heartbroken.

Last month, I got the opportunity to go back to Madrid to do work experience. I had the best time there, staying with one of the girls from the exchange before. But when I left I had that same depressed feeling. So, out came this song and hence why it was my 5th most listened-to song of January.



To see last month's top 5, click here

Have you been loving any of these same songs throughout January? :)

- Caoimhe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik