Thursday, 15 January 2015

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Tinted and Shimmering Gel | Review



The first thing you should know about this self-tanning gel is that it is called 'Shimmering Gel' for a reason. It is VERY shimmery. If you are going to use it I would advise you to apply it before going to bed and then getting up in the morning and jumping in the shower. The glitter will wash off and leave the tan. And it's okay to apply it for bed as it dries on your skin quickly. I would leave it for about 10-15 minutes and then it's fine to put on your pyjamas. It won't leave those awful orange-brown stains on your bedsheets.

I wouldn't exactly say it gives your skin an instant glow. The first time I applied it, I did so in the morning and I didn't really notice a difference in the colour of my skin until I woke up the next morning. I do find that it takes a while to actually show up. I wouldn't put it on right before going out for the night because it won't show up, well on my skin anyway.

This fake tan claims to last one day, but, for me, it lasted a lot longer even with showering every other day. I first applied it after showering on a Monday morning, and after showering again on Wednesday, it was still visible, even after exfoliating. After showering on Friday, it was pretty much gone but had left barely-visible orange patches in my elbow crease, which didn't go away completely until after showering on Sunday.

Overall, I think this product can be good if, like I said, you apply it at night and shower the next morning. It dries quickly and does give you a natural-looking tan. It is just quite difficult to get off at the end.

My Rating: 3/5

Have you tried this product? If so, did you like it?

- Caoimhe x



2 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik